Saturday, August 26, 2006

Ouch, My Finger Is On Fire


I hate to say it, but I think this Josh Beckett puzzle goes right back to the original concern when the trade was first made: it's the fingers. We can listen to Verducci play Sigmund Freud (Bill & Ted was on HBO this morning) and claim that Beckett's head wasn't made for Boston. Not buying it. I'm totally convinced that he changed his grip to avoid blisters and it a) flattened his fastball b) took bite off his curve and c)funked up his command.


Look what happened in Anaheim: he says "screw it, I'm doing it the way I know how". He dominates for 6 innings. He prompty leaves in the 7th with a cut on his finger.


There must be a way to get a new finger. People are scorching their eyeballs and getting 20/10 vision...let's get on this technology and fast.

1 comment:

The Nightwatchman said...

Having followed him in Florida from the very beginning, I think it's time to accept that this guy probably isn't going to get it together. Sad. . .